Adventure Dubrovnik - Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour
Our 2.5-hour tour (~4.5km) is suitable for beginners with more moderate fitness. We provide short historical narratives & stop near Lokrum Island, one beach-cave, and other sites of interest.
Kayak experience not necessary. Book a sunset tour and finish with a glass of wine. All tours allow free-time for snorkeling. Prior to booking it is extremely important that all guests read the "Additional information" section of this listing.
- Use of kayak, paddles, life vests (child sizes available) and snorkel equipment
- Bottled water - 0.5L Bottle of water
- Waterproof barrels for personal belongings
- Glass of wine (Sunset Tour only)
- Visit to the Betina beach-cave (May be busy during the high season)
- Snacks - Fresh fruit (usually 1 apple & 2 bananas)
- Professional English-speaking guide
What to expect
-Set off below the Old Town, where looking up at the imposing medieval walls you’ll have the chance to take photos and learn their centuries old history.
-We'll make our way to the seas near Lokrum island. As we paddle by the lushly wooded isle, discover the roots of its age-old curse and hear tales of the island’s remarkable inhabitants.
-Amidst towering rocks and translucent blue-green waters and hear the echo of Lokrum island’s secrets..
-Visit a popular beach cave on the mainland, only reachable by sea. Disembark and take harbor on its pebble cove, sunbathe, swim or snorkel through crystal waters. Refuel with a snack.
-Continue back towards the Old Town. Learn the fascinating history of Europe’s first quarantine zone.
-On final approach Pile Bay, you’ll be treated to spectacular sky-meets-sea views of the Old Town ahead. Take photos and bask in your unique seafarer’s perspective of the city.
• Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
- Wear a swimsuit, flipflops or waters shoes (rocky beaches), and bring a towel, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- An outdoor shower is available on site
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
- Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- 2-seater kayaks are provided by default. Individual travelers without partners are paired up with other individuals. If a pairing cannot be made, the individual without a partner will be assigned to a single kayak.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tour route is ~4.5km in length.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your posted tour time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Please DO NOT go to the beach! Even if you are late!
- Please DO NOT approach the orange umbrella! That is NOT our company.
- We serve a fresh fruit snack (usually an apple and 2 bananas)
- Strong swimming ability is required. This is mandatory. Please do not book if you cannot swim 30 meters without issue.
- The beach-cave can be extremely crowded in the high season months. This is out of our control. Please do not book this tour if crowds are an issue for you.
- Please handle our equipment with care. Guests will be charged for any equipment they damage through negligence.
- It is extremely important that guests notify us of any disabilities that could potentially interfere with the tour or potentially endanger the guest.
- Please only book the tour if you are certain you will be able to complete it. In the event a guest is unable to complete the tour and transport must be booked, the guest will be charged the full amount of the transport.
- All financial charge disputes must be logged within 7 business days following the scheduled tour date.
- This tour is currently ONLY available in English. For guest safety and enjoyment, all guests MUST speak and understand English at a conversational level. Guests who do not speak and understand English may be turned away. No refund will be given if this happens in the final 24 hours.
- No storage facility or locker onsite, everything goes on the kayak with you in a shared 50L barrel. Please bring -only what you absolutely need.
- There are no toilets onsite or along the tour route. Please use the toilet prior to arrival for check-in.
- Weight restrictions apply. Total weight allowance for occupants of a 2-person kayak is 270kg/595lbs.
- Not recommended for travelers who are prone to sea sickness. Sea sick travelers will not be refunded.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All guides on staff have been vaccinated or have COVID-19 antibodies. Staff are subjected to PCR tests both randomly and as needed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Amazing trip! It was a lot of fun and on top of that the guides knew a lot of history which was so interesting to learnAmazing trip! It was a lot of fun and on top of that the guides knew a lot of history which was so interesting to learn
Very nice. Water cold but not very. Guide was very clear and helpful. Overall great experience. Would recommend to others.Very nice. Water cold but not very. Guide was very clear and helpful. Overall great experience. Would recommend to others.
We had a lovely time and Ivana was a wonderful guide. We had fun kayaking, learnt a lot of Dubrovnik history and got to snorkel with fish! Would highly recommend the experience to anyone.We had a lovely time and Ivana was a wonderful guide. We had fun kayaking, learnt a lot of Dubrovnik history and got to snorkel with fish! Would highly recommend the experience to anyone.
Excellent trip. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and took time explaining instructions and the history of Dubrovnik. Plus fruit, water and snorkelling equipment provided. Would definitely recommend.Excellent trip. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and took time explaining instructions and the history of Dubrovnik. Plus fruit, water and snorkelling equipment provided. Would definitely recommend.
Operator didn't provide service and t refused to refund money they just try to lie to avoid refuends. Worst experience. Avoid this operatorOperator didn't provide service and t refused to refund money they just try to lie to avoid refuends. Worst experience. Avoid this operator
Great experience. Loads of time on the water enjoying the view of the old town. We were lucky to catch an amazing sunset on our way back from the beach cave. Would highly recommend.Great experience. Loads of time on the water enjoying the view of the old town. We were lucky to catch an amazing sunset on our way back from the beach cave. Would highly recommend.