7 Sphinx Street, 41 Sherif Street, , Elephantine Island, New Karnak, Luxor, Luxor, Egypt
1 - 15
• Day 1: Luxor
Ride a hot air balloon,enjoy the kings valley,the amazing Abu simbel temples,listen to the Nile whispers all by sailing Nile cruise. our Egyptology tour guide will pick you up on time where we going to start our amazing tour. down to the Nile where we going to take traditional motor boat to get to west bank of Luxor, visit the most ancient temples in the whole world valley of the kings. drive over to visit the famous queen hatshepsut temple. it is great chance to be at the west bank to visit carter house the famous English man who discovered tut ankh amun treasures. back to the east and check in cruise. after some rest it is good chance to be in Luxor to visit the old market of Luxor. over night cruise.
• Day 2: Luxor
Early morning enjoy the life trip as they call it hot air balloon and take unique photos of the real civilization from above. back where the cruise will start to sail. enjoy the fabulous view at the both sides of Luxor river Nile. sail through the old villages,beautiful islands,Egyptian culture.arrive to esna city. pass esna lock. over night cruise.
• Day 3: Edfu - Kom ombo
Early morning the cruise will stop at edfu city. touch the culture and ride traditional horse and carriage to reach to edfu temple. back to cruise and sail over towards komombo city. enjoy your drink on cruise sun deck during sailing. cruise will stop around sun set time for visit komombo temple. back and over night cruise.
• Day 4: Aswan
We arrive to Aswan city which is famous by nubian culture.
after breakfast we going to start our amazing tour down to the Nile where we will take a motor boat to visit philae island temple. drive over and visit the famous aswan high dam. back to cruise and get some rest. it is a great chance to be in aswan to visit the old market of aswan. over night cruise.
• Day 5: Abu Simbel
Around 5 am this is time to visit one of the most important temples in whole the world abu simbel temples. back and over night cruise.
• Day 6: Aswan
Cruise will start to sail again towards luxor. enjoy both nubian and Egyptian culture during sailing. the nubian islands,villages,green lands all over the way during sailing. over night cruise.
• Day 7: Cruise
Day at leisure and over night cruise.
• Day 8: Luxor
After breakfast be ready for east bank tour of Luxor.
Our tour will start by visit the biggest temple in whole the world karnak temple. continue our fabulous tour by visit the beautiful Luxor temple.
end of service.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
Not wheelchair accessible.
Pick up time> 8 am (change time is available).
Near public transportation.
Infant seats available.
Most travelers can participate.
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
Face masks required for travelers in public areas.
Face masks required for guides in public areas.
Face masks provided for travelers.
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff.
Social distancing enforced throughout experience.
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas.
Gear/equipment sanitized between use.
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized.
Guides required to regularly wash hands.
Regular temperature checks for staff.
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival.
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
I recently booked this sailing cruise from Luxor for 7 nights. I was somewhat apprehensive because there were no customer reviews and the price seemed too good to be true, especially if you’re lucky enough to book during a sale period when it’s discounted from an already unbelievably low rate. The hot air balloon ride and the Abu Simbel trip alone would cost about half the total price tag if you tried to book them independently. I’m happy to report that this killer deal is true and I had an amazing time in Egypt. Because the description is somewhat vague, I’d like to share some details of my experience departing in mid-December 2018 (and offer a few cautionary points). Of course I can’t guarantee that your experience will mirror mine since I do not work for any of these companies.
- My trip was managed by Cupid Egyptravel (which is no where to be found on this page). They have excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and were pleasant to deal with. They promptly replied to my communications via WhatsApp. They checked in a few times to see how my experience was going.
- I was provided with a private guide and driver. This was like a dream come true as I dread group tours. The car was a brand new, ultra clean black sedan and my guide, Ghada, was a very knowledgable, open, and intellectually curious Muslim woman. We had wonderful and enlightening conversations about both ancient and modern Egypt and the five days I spent with her were one of the highlights of my experience. They were also willing to make minor modifications to the schedule based on my personal requests. (Please note that the private guide may be a result of no one else booking on my dates… it is possible you could be paired with others).
- The boat was lovely. Although I was a single traveler, I had my own cabin (outfitted with two beds). It was clean and comfortable. The food was good and plentiful. The staff were courteous and enjoyable to be around. I’m not sure I would characterize it as five stars by western standards but as long as you don’t expect ultra luxury, any budget traveler should be pleased.
- The hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings was fantastic. I felt safe and well cared for. We were in the air almost one hour.
- The itinerary listed under “What to Expect” is not exactly accurate. While all the activities were provided, they happened in a different order than listed.
- I was unable to find out the name of the boat or the exact itinerary in advance. I guess they may engage in last minute juggling and negotiations but I learned the name of the boat as I literally walked on board. I was notified only about 12 hours in advance that my hotel pick-up would be at 7am on Day 1. Cupid Egyptravel had responded to my earlier inquiries, assuring me everything was scheduled but the details remained elusive until the day it began. You need to be willing to go with the flow (it’s Egypt after all). I disembarked early in the morning on Day 8.
- The boat is only cruising for two of the seven days. This was somewhat disappointing (but I believe standard for all cruises). I boarded Friday morning in Luxor and had local tours Friday & Saturday. The boat departed Saturday afternoon and arrived in Aswan Sunday night. It remained docked there until Tuesday afternoon and we arrived back in Luxor Wednesday evening. This means the boat was docked in Luxor 3 nights and in Aswan 2 nights.
- My boat was docked about 30 minutes away from the center of Luxor. This was also frustrating because you can’t easily walk into town (you must negotiate a cab ride). Our location in Aswan was perfect, docked right in the city center. This may vary depending on the specifics of your booking and the ship you are assigned but from what I understand most boats dock outside the center of Luxor.
- Although this tour advertises as “all inclusive”, expect at least $150USD in additional expenses. Temple admissions are not included and average $7-10USD each (this should be listed in exclusions). You also pay for all drinks on the boat, including water (you are welcome to bring anything on board… my cabin even had a fridge). And while tipping is discretionary, it is expected in Egypt. You will tip everyone who offers you services, especially your guide and the crew of the ship (in one envelope on the day of departure).
I share these cautions not because I was disappointed or unhappy with my trip but because they are things I would want to know as an independent traveler. This package is an incredible value. Go to Egypt. You won’t regret it!