Lake George, United States
1 - 15
Visit: Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake, 9097 State Route 30, Blue Mountain Lake, NY 12812-7734
At the heart of the Adirondacks, you’ll find our 121 sprawling acres of indoor and outdoor facilities, including 24 historic buildings and galleries. Our entire collection consists of over 30,000 artifacts, and more than 75,000 prints. Visit our NEW Life in the Adirondacks exhibition and finish with a breathtaking view of Blue Mountain Lake. Take a stroll around campus to explore our beautiful grounds and gardens for a truly memorable experience.
The Adirondack Experience offers a full range of programs and daily activities:
• Life in the Adirondacks: At the center of it all is our NEW, 19,000-square-foot fully immersive interactive exhibition. Life in the Adirondacks explores the history of the Adirondacks and the people who lived, worked, and played here.
• Boats and Boating: You won’t want to miss seeing an iconic Adirondack guideboat amid our extensive collection of Adirondack guideboats and canoes.
• Minnow Pond Trail: Explore our ¾ of a mile scenic trail to the serene Minnow Pond, planned site of our new boat house!. You can even catch a guided hike available on select days!
• Outdoor exhibits: Climb the Whiteface Fire Tower, lounge in our Rustic Gazebo, or strike a pose upon our super-size Adirondack chair.
• Historic buildings: Explore Sunset Cottage and Reising Schoolhouse, or climb aboard the Marion River Carry train.
• FIRST ANNUAL Mohawk and Abenaki Art Market: Working with the Akwesasne Cultural Center and Abenaki Cultural Preservation Corporation, and modeled after our Rustic Fair and Antique Show, this Art Market will feature regional indigenous artists showcasing traditional and contemporary art. Works will include Basketry, Two-Dimensional Art, Beadwork & Quillwork, Photography, Textiles, Pottery & Sculpture, Wooden Carving, Jewelry, and Diverse Cultural Art Forms.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
Children 5 and under are free.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Admission is valid for a second visit within a one-week period.
Free Wi-Fi service is available in most areas throughout the campus