1 - 9
Barcelona is a reputed cradle of art and design, having been home to world famous artists.
Visit the best museums in town: the Picasso Museum, the Joan Miró Foundation and the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC), the so called 'Catalan Louvre'. If you are seduced by art, this is a treat that you can enjoy nowhere else.
The oldest in its kind, it hosts one of the most extensive ensembles of his works, displaying two unique collections: that of his earliest works and Las Meninas, a suite of pieces analyzing Velázquez's painting. See some relevant canvasses belonging to the Blue Period and the Rose Period, plus some of his earliest sculptures and an important ceramic collection donated by Jacqueline Roque.
Joan Miró Foundation.
Created in 1975, it hosts the artist's largest collection of works. Designed by Josep Lluís Sert, it shelters many of his paintings, sculptures, textiles and ceramics. Discover Miró's evolution from his earliest years through his Parisian time surrealism, the revolt and configuration of his own language plus, finally, his maturity.
Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya.
The largest and most important museum in Catalonia is located on the Montjuïc hill overlooking the city. These are the collections:
• Romanesque Art. By far the most important Romanesque collection worldwide, significantly the rich set of amazing Pyrenean church frescoes, most of them a millennium old.
• Gothic Art. Composed mainly of religious works of art, this collection is among the five most prominent Gothic art ensembles in Europe.
• The Renaissance and Baroque Art period is represented by the Thyssen- Bornemisza Collection and the Cambó Bequest. Modern Art presents the works of the most prominent 19th and 20th c. Catalan artists, including Dalí, Picasso or Miró.
- Picasso Museum (Entrance fee: 11 €)
- Joan Miró Foundation (Entrance fee: 11 €)
- Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC) (Entrance fee: 12 €)
Included in product price:
A high quality art tour and skipping the waiting lines for the entrance fees at every museum.
Not included in product price: