Italia 31-26 y Vancouver sector Parque La Carolina, Gonzalez Suarez N27-142, Km 7 Via Valle Hermoso-Los Bancos, Av. América 45-60 y Mañosca Casa 2 Conjunto Jardines de las Américas, Queseras Del Medio E 11-205, In front of Hospital Militar, Guayaquil, Centro Historico, La Nina N26-202 y Diego de Almagro Quito, New Town, Valladolid N24 562, , Ramon Roca E 4-122, Av. Amazonas, Av. Amazonas 1023 y Joaquin Pinto, Wilson E5-29, Juan Leon Mera, Alemania N 30-170 y Vancouver, , Versalles N17-199 Y Asuncion, Manuel Cordova Galarza, Manuel Cordova Galarza, Quito, Ecuador
1 - 15
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mitad Del Mundo, Avenida Manuel Cordova Galarza KM. 13/5, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
Depart at 8:00am in front of your hotel with your friendly guide and private transportation.
The first stop will be the outside of the headquarters of UNASUR, the "Union of South American Nations", a modern building with extraordinary architectural attributes, with meeting places for conferences and international summits. Entering the seat is optional.
Continuing the tour, enter the tourist city of Mitad del Mundo, an architecturally colonial city of the time, the whole journey accompanied by joy and colorful by craft shops and local people. The key point is the central square where the church is based.
We complete this tour at Latitude '0' where we will enter the Monument to the Middle of the World, built after the French Geodesic Mission in the eighteenth century showing the calculation and line crossing of the hemisphere. Take a picture and have the memory of one of the places in the world you must know.
After this we will enter the Ethnographic Museum located inside the monument, where you can learn about the 9 stories that reflect multiculturalism and diversity of indigenous nationalities of our wonderful Ecuador. We end this part of the tour at the viewpoint of the monument which reflects a breathtaking and unmissable view.
After this tour we will have lunch based on the tour option chosen you have selected. Visitors who booked without lunch can choose between a wide variety of restaurants located outside the tourist town, always accompanied by our guide.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Pululahua Geobotanical Reserve, Crater Volcan Pululahua mirador de Pululahua, Calacali 170154 Ecuador
Then we head to the dazzling Pululahua volcano, dormant for thousands of years with its crater now quiet and perennially dampened by fog. This is a magnetic place to explore thousands of plant species and observe a big variety of birds, mammals and insects. In its viewpoint you can shop multiple representative crafts of the area.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Intinan Museum, Autopista Manuel Cordova Galarza, a 200 metros del redondel de la Mitad del Mundo, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
A unique interactive museum, located at the exact point of Ecuador. Laughter, unique experiences with the interaction of the museum guide who will thoroughly explain important features of latitude 0, as well as all the historical cultural features of Ecuador
We will the approach the Inti Nan museum and afterwards we will return back to the hotel in the afternoon!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
Minimum numbers apply.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Dress code is smart casual.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Not wheelchair accessible.
Infants must sit on laps.
Most travelers can participate
- Tour company never responds to calls or emails; 48 hours as it states. Never confirms anything. I sent 5 separate emails and called three times. Finally on the 3rd time day before tour under 24 hrs they said the guide will be at the hotel at 8am, be ready at 7:45am guide named Charlie will be there.
- Today, tour day. No one showed up at 8am. I then had to call them again which they didn't answer. Called back again and finally someone answered and said the guide would be there at 8:30-8:45am.
- Guide named Dorla shows up at 8:48am, said there were only three people on our reservation. She then showed me her phone which clearly shows 3 adults and one child. She said sorry.
- We then walk out to the car which is a small Chevy that only hold four people and the driver. We are four people and have a driver and a guide. She still wanted to cram us in the little car which isn't possible.
- She then calls her company and says another large car is on the way. It doesn't come and she says to just go with the driver, which doesn't speak English. She said she will catch up at some point.
- We arrive at the first stop; the crater and had to have another guide from another company check us in because the driver didn't know what to do.
- After over an hour and a half with the driver the guide finally shows up, but we were done with the crater.
- We then go to the other stops with our driver and her in another car. We never learned anything during the drives due to this. The guide is hospitable but doesn't tell us anything we couldn't read ourselves during any of the stops.
- Lunch was to be on our own, but the guide came with us, sat at our table- this would have been fine but she has a set order and we watched her eat before our food even came out.
- We then went to the last stop where the museum has their own guide so she didn't say anything.
- Finally we drove back to the Hotel with our driver which was constantly calling the guide, thinking the guide would follow us back to the hotel, this didn't happen and the driver just dropped us off.
Don't do this tour- There is a reason it's all sales final. Viator isn't helping remove this company either.
This private tour was provided by a mother/daughter team, with the 17 year old daughter the guide and the mother the driver. They knew where to go for a comprehensive view of the attractions for tourists, although they would have adjusted to a specific request. The one difficulty for not getting five stars was the communication at the start. You have to be persistent in order to reach them in advance for a tour confirmation,
Great experience visiting both museums. Our guide, Viviana, was very kind, patient and explicative with us.
Our tour guide English was so bad ☹️
It was the last day of my over three weeks tour of Ecuador. The van picked me up on time. However when I tried to confirm my booking, no one answered the phone. Even the hotel personnel tried without any luck. My local contact was Jacchigua National Folklore Ballet. We visited all the places listed and both the driver and guide were very nice and helpful.The only problem was that the guide spoke English very badly, so the communication was very limited and frustrating at times.
The guides within the area all spoke English, which helped a lot. I highly recommend this visit and the view of the Pululahua Crater is beautiful. I went horseback riding down in the crater the day before, so this gave me a different perspective.
An amazing and super personalized tour. Charly is engaging, flexible, knowledgeable, and fun. He worked hard to pack as much as was desired into the day. Outstanding!
Loved this tour....it was exactly as described and not rushed so I was able to see everything. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Quito.