Authentic Douro Wine Tour Including Lunch and River Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Hotel or Airbnb in Porto city center)
- Transportation and professional tour guide
- Small group up to 8 people
- Visit to two wineries - Includes Port Wines and Douro wines (DOC Douro)
- Traditional lunch (Meat, fish or vegetarian. Gluten free may also be requested)
- River Cruise of 1h on typical boat (Rabelo)
- Panoramic photo stops
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Quinta do Tedo
- Entry/Admission - D'Origem
- Entry/Admission - The Douro Valley
- Entry/Admission - Quinta do Beijo
What to expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Douro River, Porto Portugal
Most of the tour has the Douro river as the scenic scenary through the day. The wineries that are visited offer incredible views to the river.
Stop At: Peso Da Regua, Peso Da Regua, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
Whenever possible we stop at the city of Peso da Régua, an historical city of the Douro Valley associated with the commerce of wine. Here we provide our guests a brief explanation about the city and allow some free time for a coffee and pictures.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ponte Pedonal Metalica de Peso da Regua, Peso Da Regua Beside of N2 bridge Train, Peso Da Regua 5100-836 Portugal
When time allows we stop here so that our travellers can take a picture to the city of Peso da Régua
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Barragem da Regua, Estrada Nacional 2 222, Peso Da Regua 5050-221 Portugal
On the way to Quinta do Tedo we pass by the Régua Dam Lock from 1973 where you can learn about the changes occured in the river in order to allow a better navigation on it.
Stop At: Quinta do Tedo, N-222, EM512 Folgosa, Armamar 5110-207 Portugal
Quinta do Tedo is one of the wineries visited on our tour. In this visit you will learn about the wine making process of Quinta do Tedo with a local guide. It includes a guided wine tasting session where you will be explained about the different wines to be tasted.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Pinhao Railway Station, Largo da Estacao, 5085, Pinhao 5085-037 Portugal
As part of the visit to Pinhão we stop for a few minutes at the 19th century railway station of Pinhão. The highlight are the 24 panels of blue and withe tiles representing typical images of the culture of Douro Valley.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: D'Origem, Rua da Praca 4, Casal de Loivos 5085-010 Portugal
Alternatively to Quinta do Beijo or Quinta do Tedo we may sometimes visit D'Origem a small interesting winery located in Casal de Loivos, a village on top of the hill that offers the most incredible view over the Douro Valley. At D'Origem, more than just tasting DOC Douro wines, you can also visit a small olive oil museum that functioned until 2001, allowing you to know more about the traditional way of making olive oil.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Casal de Loivos Viewpoint, Cabo da Rua, Casal de Loivos 5085-010 Portugal
When we visit D'Origem on the tour we always try to take our groups to the amazing viewpoint of Casal de Loivos, located just next. We can't always guarantee going to D'Origem because of the propertie's availability to welcome our groups. Even if we do not go to Casal de Loivos we will certainly take you to alternative wonderful viewpoints
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Douro Valley, Lugar Da Ponte, Pinhao 5085-060 Portugal
In the heart of the Douro Valley you will have the chance to visit Pinhão, a little village known for it's historical railway station. In the past Pinhão used to be an important place for commerce and transport of the wine from Douro to Porto. The wine was first commercialized and next shipped in the traditional Rabelo boat to remain aging in Vila Nova de Gaia, just across the river in Porto. In the village of Pinhão we stop for a 1h river cruise (optional) as well as we have lunch at a traditional local restaurant and visit the famous railway station decorated with blue and withe tiles.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Quinta do Beijo, Rua de Sao Bento, 1 Celeirós do Douro, Sabrosa 5060-011 Portugal
To complete the tour you will visit Quinta do Beijo before coming back to Porto. This is a small local winerie with very good wines that can not be bought in the city. The visit will probably be done by the owner of the property while he tells you more about the production and the flavours of it's wines.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
We return to Porto from Douro Valley close to 6:00 PM, where our guide will leave you at your selected drop off point.
Time of tour
- You can also be picked up from a private address other than hotels (Porto city center).
- Please contact us with your hotel/address if you are not able to input it during the checkout stage.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Possibility of vegetarian or gluten free meal, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Pick ups may start before 8h30 am.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- We send the exact pick-up time by mail the evening before the tour takes place - please confirm reception of message and be ready for pick-up to avoid delays.
- Douro Valley's temperature is very high in the summer and cold in the winter. Thus, light clothes in summer and warm clothes in the winter are recommended;
- Most travelers can participate
- Weather Note: All of our activities happen in covered and protected spaces - we guarantee a safe and comfortable tour despite any weather conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Wonderful tour, Our guide was excellent, very knowledgeable and kind. She drove safely and was informative and open to all questions. I learned a lot and had a fun day.Wonderful tour, Our guide was excellent, very knowledgeable and kind. She drove safely and was informative and open to all questions. I learned a lot and had a fun day.
A perfect way to experience Douro Valley. Our guide Sofia was fantastic! Highly recommend this tour !A perfect way to experience Douro Valley. Our guide Sofia was fantastic! Highly recommend this tour !
The Authentic Douro Wine Tour was the highlight of my trip to Portugal. Beautiful scenery. Knowledgeable and friendly guide. Definitely would consider Viator for future travels.The Authentic Douro Wine Tour was the highlight of my trip to Portugal. Beautiful scenery. Knowledgeable and friendly guide. Definitely would consider Viator for future travels.
The tour was well-organized and really enjoyable. Beautiful places, views, tasty wines, lots of fun. Thank you !!!The tour was well-organized and really enjoyable. Beautiful places, views, tasty wines, lots of fun. Thank you !!!
This land tour to/from Douro Valley was lovely. Our guide was fantastic - knowledgeable, funny, pleasant - and the small group of 8 of us in the van mixed easily. While we thought we would be on a boat all day, it turned out the hour-ish boat ride was great. Enjoyed a nice authentic typical Portu...This land tour to/from Douro Valley was lovely. Our guide was fantastic - knowledgeable, funny, pleasant - and the small group of 8 of us in the van mixed easily. While we thought we would be on a boat all day, it turned out the hour-ish boat ride was great. Enjoyed a nice authentic typical Portuguese lunch. The two wineries we visited were very different from one another and showcased traditional versus modern styles. The vistas in the valley are once-in-a-lifetime, exceptional and unique. While it was a long day, we returned feeling satisfied with our experience.
Really nice one day of escapism to a different and tranquil region of Portugal. There is something to eat, learn and taste.Really nice one day of escapism to a different and tranquil region of Portugal. There is something to eat, learn and taste.