4x4 Hatta Safari to Fossil Rock & Honey Bee Garden visit with Breakfast
- Hatta safari with English speaking Professional licensed and trained drivers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off with 4x4 wheel luxury air conditioned Jeeps.
- Picnic Breakfast
- Camel Rock Formation Drive
- Hatta Heritage Village & Hatta Dam visit
- Cold mineral water in the vehicle
- Beautiful photography opportunity
- Honeybee Garden Visit
What to expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hatta, Hatta, Emirate of Dubai
Hop aboard your comfortable 4x4 in front of your central Dubai hotel in the morning. Settle into the air-conditioned interior and with your driver-guide at the wheel, set off on your journey through the UAE’S stark desert landscapes. Head toward the UAE-Oman border and Hatta, an old trading settlement with a historical fort and rock pools, nestled high in the craggy Hajar Mountains. Watch as the terrain shifts from open plains to dunes and rocky mountain slopes, and after roughly two hours on the road, arrive at Hatta Heritage Village. A recreation of an old mountain hamlet dating back to before the 20th century, the complex comprises dwellings and buildings built from mud, palm leaves, reeds, and stone. Head inside with your guide to stroll around the houses, mosques, and watchtowers and see the displays of weaponry, handicrafts, and traditional dress that showcase what life was like here until the mid-1900s. See Hatta Fort as you learn more about the region’s history, and then climb back inside your 4x4 to venture deeper into the desert. Continue to Jebel Maleihah, otherwise known as Fossil Rock. This large rocky outcrop rears sharply from the sands and gets its nickname from the many ancient marine fossils embedded in its slopes. Hop out to look for these swirling, aeons-old fossils — imprints of shells and tiny marine creatures that lived on the ocean floor when the Arabian Peninsula was covered by the sea millions of years ago. Then, make your way to nearby Camel Rock. Take snaps of the desert rock formation that resembles a camel, and then return to Dubai where your day trip ends at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Hatta Water Dam, Hatta United Arab Emirates
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hatta Heritage Village, Hatta United Arab Emirates
Visit inside Heritage village
Duration: 45 minutes
Time of tour
• Your centrally located Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman hotels or Dubai Port Rashid ( cruise terminal)
• For guest staying in any Private Residence or Villas in Dubai , pick up can be arranged from any nearby hotels.
• Pick up service from Jebel Ali Hotels, Bab Al Shams or from Al Maha Desert Resort or others locations ( which is not in City limit) are available only with additional cost upon request based on your location.
• For Transit guest, pick up can be arranged from any nearby Airport Hotels ( without luggage)
>> Departure time : -
• Between 06:00 - 06:30 am approximately
- Dubai Port Rashid Cruise Terminal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pickup will be in a 4x4 Land Cruiser on sharing basis with up to 4 people per land Cruiser from different hotels.
- Children aged 4.99 years and under are not allowed to join the Tour.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Dress code: lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised. Hats are advisable when in direct sunlight.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Guests visiting the UAE during the Summer months (June – September) are advised that peak daytime temperatures sometimes reach 42 – 45 degrees Celsius. Humidity levels can also exceed 90 percent during this period. We recommend all our guests to take adequate precaution.
- The Dubai desert can get cooler in the evenings during winter, so we recommend you bring a light jacket and closed shoes. Please wear sports shoes for safe sand boarding.
- The local tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of the scheduled programs because of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or other similar circumstances.
- If you want to book this tour in Private Vehicle, please search the activity, product code : 2168PDXB09 -Private 4x4 Hatta Safari to Fossil Rock & Honey Garden visit with Breakfast
- The duration of the actual tour takes 6 – 7 hour but the driving time from Dubai hotel and return may take another 60 – 90 minutes depending on traffic conditions and time of day.
- Due to safety precaution process, please note that we will NOT be conducting Falcon show for all of our off road safari tours from 01 April 2020
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
It is a little hard to grade this trip as I will explain later. We had an excellent guide and were kept well informed about pick up. The trip across the desert was interesting and our guide pointed out various interesting plants. We felt no need for 'sand bashing' and asked him to drive slowly so...It is a little hard to grade this trip as I will explain later. We had an excellent guide and were kept well informed about pick up. The trip across the desert was interesting and our guide pointed out various interesting plants. We felt no need for 'sand bashing' and asked him to drive slowly so we could see and experience the early morning desert, he was happy to do as we asked though it was a pretty bumpy ride anyway! Breakfast was good, a lovely spot, clean and litter free. We were able to watch birds and see some desert plants. We then went on to the bee farm. It seems a bit of an odd option and we felt it might be just a 'filler' to break the trip to Hatta. It was actually very interesting with a very professional and in depth tour, followed, of course, by the opportunity to buy. We did shop as it seemed a worthwhile enterprise. A quick stop at the Hatta dam and then on to Hatta Heritage village which is where the problems arose. While we were admitted, everything was locked up and apart from wandering round the outside there was nothing to see, all the exhibits and rooms were padlocked, all we could see were courtyards. Our guide was surprised and was told on asking that there was a staff shortage, he was very apologetic. As this was a significant part of the tour we asked for a partial refund but Orient Tours refused. The small print says that they reserve the right to cancel parts of the tour but they did not do this and insisted that the village was open. I suppose if being allowed through the entrance counts as open then they are technically correct but even when we sent pictures of padlocked doors they insisted that the village was open. In the end Viator stepped in and kindly offered a partial refund for the missed part of the tour. So in conclusion, this is a good tour, especially if you actually get to see Hatta heritage Village properly, the guide was excellent but we cannot recommend Orient Tours, so maybe look for a different company offering this.
Eveeything fine the service excelente and very profesional,thanks you!! Yesterday with Mustafa we had a good time, best guide!!Eveeything fine the service excelente and very profesional,thanks you!! Yesterday with Mustafa we had a good time, best guide!!
The Hatta tour was very good, and the driver/guide was very friendly and informative. Unfortunately the dam was closed for maintenance, As an alternative we visited a camel farm, which was very jnteresting. Loved the driving through real desert with breakfast which was a fantastic experience,...The Hatta tour was very good, and the driver/guide was very friendly and informative. Unfortunately the dam was closed for maintenance, As an alternative we visited a camel farm, which was very jnteresting. Loved the driving through real desert with breakfast which was a fantastic experience, and would have liked to have seen more even more desert. Overall a really good excursion to experience other areas and scenery of Dubai.
Easy booking, showing on time, Nice trip, well informed tour guides. Good amount of time allows you to use the remainder of day dong other things. Thank you.Easy booking, showing on time, Nice trip, well informed tour guides. Good amount of time allows you to use the remainder of day dong other things. Thank you.
Wonderful trip led by Sahib. My friend and I were made to feel very safe with his expert driving. Nothing was too much trouble. He went above and beyond what was expected.Wonderful trip led by Sahib. My friend and I were made to feel very safe with his expert driving. Nothing was too much trouble. He went above and beyond what was expected.
My friend and I enjoyed this trip so much. Sahib our host and driver was first rate! He was a confident safe driver with excellent English language. Thank you Sahib for a fabulous morning!My friend and I enjoyed this trip so much. Sahib our host and driver was first rate! He was a confident safe driver with excellent English language. Thank you Sahib for a fabulous morning!