Trier, Germany, Metz, France, Mettlach, Germany
1 - 70
We herewith give you suggestions of the most beautiful destinations. You only have to choose.
• In Germany, the Roman World Heritage Sites of Trier are a must.
• On your way to Saarland, enjoy a stop with a stroll through Saarburg and its roaring waterfall, driving old mills. After having climbed the path to the castle, you can mail a direct letter to Melusina …
• Travelling along river Saar, we will reach Mettlach, famous for its china factory. From here the twisting Saar oxbow is not far.
• In Saarbrücken you must walk the triangle of the Stengel-Mile, admiring its magnificent buildings of the 18th century.
• In the secret capital of the Saarland, Saarlouis, the pubs of the longest bar of the state and much more are waiting for you.
• Via Grevenmacher and Remich along the Moselle, we will arrive at Schengen in Luxemburg, famous for the Schengen Treaty, signed here on a ship. Have a stop at the EU Information Centre, where you can sniff at the herbs in the „Garden without borders“, one out of many in the region.
• The biggest and oldest city of the region of Lorraine is Metz. Don’t miss to see the cathedral and Museum Cour d’Or close by. Staying overnight in summer, you will be thrilled by the illumination of monuments at night of this „Ville Lumière“.
• Many areas with limy soil turn into flower carpets from April to June, due to the orchids growing here.
• Many more attractions want to be discovered by you: fairytale castle Malbrouck dating from the 15th century, Fort Hackenberg and other testimonies of WW I and WW II, Amneville zoo, and it is definitely worth having a glance not only to the battlefields, but to the charming town of Verdun upon the Meuse river, too.
Included in product price:
Not included in product price:
entrance fees, if applicable